Thursday, November 8, 2007

Speechless



It amazes me that one could love a child so much. It's difficult sometimes when it's time to put Abraham down for a nap. He's tired, we know he needs to sleep, he knows he needs to sleep..but yet he still cries and looks up at you from his crib with eyes that say, "please don't go...Pick me up and hold me a little longer."

I know it sounds silly, but as much as we do let him cry to sleep, there are the times when it's so hard not to just hold him close and let him know how much we do love him...

tonight during one of these moments I coudn't help but shed tears in the wonder of what it must have felt like for the Father to leave His Only son on the Cross. To face an unkind and evil world, to bear the pain and sin, and punishment for us who did not love Him....

What it must have felt like for Jesus to look up to His daddy and see him not do anything....for the sake of man kind, that we too might be called God's children.
Jesus, died. His Father had to refrain from coming to his rescue...........

Could I ever do the same?? I don't know that I could......how greatful I am that God is God and I am not....and even then....words can't speak for the pain and grief, and the hope and the joy all at the same time...I'm so glad....my heart is glad that Jesus rose again, and is alive and well with His Daddy.....

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You made my day! I love seeing pictures of the family!! We miss you guys!

The Chin's said...

we miss you guys too...thoughts of vista and just the family we have back in san antonio brings heart ache till we can see ya'll again...